Application Development for Better Patient Care with MyMeds®
Developing Medication Adherence from the Ground Up
MyMeds® is a secure, easy-to-use, and a complete personal medication record (PMR) available to improve medication adherence. It is a medication manager and pill reminder application available on the Web, Android and iPhone. On this project, TAJ was instrumental in designing, developing, deploying, and maintaining the entire cloud-based hosting environment, providing a platform for health communication and allowing the support of care integration and data exchange including sharing medication information with whomever the user chooses: Physicians, Pharmacists, Caregivers, Health coaches, etc. ensuring the entire healthcare team has up-to-date information. Within the MyMeds® environment, TAJ developed restful web services, which contain all the business logic for the Mobile Apps (on both iPhone and Android). The patient medication data is exchanged between Pharmacy Benefit Management Company and MyMeds®. The data is HIPAA compliant and the system is hosted on an HIPAA compliant cloud environment. MyMeds® generates medication reminders in the form of email, text, as well as push notifications. It is integrated with Industry Standard drug databases. To enable MyMeds® to securely pull information from the Pharmaceutical Benefit Managements (PBM) providers, TAJ set up dedicated VPN’s between the MyMeds® servers and the PBM servers. Finally, TAJ spearheaded the development, testing, production, and maintenance of the MyMeds® cloud infrastructure.
- We use leading industry standard tools and technologies to plan, track, develop, test and release the product
- TAJ follows a complete Agile methodology- SCRUM framework, for this project, including two-week sprints with Sprint Prioritization meetings, followed by Daily stand up meetings and in the end a Sprint Retrospective meeting
- Per our development process, we also use Pivotal Tracker for Sprint cycles/stories and bug/Issue tracking, Selenium-enabled automated testing, and Jenkins for CD and CI (Continuous Development and Continuous Integration) releases
- Java Technologies
- Spring MVC
- Redhat Linux
- HIPAA compliant cloud servers
- REST API
- Objective-C for developing MyMeds® software
- Stripe Payment System
- Twilio for messaging
- Google Analytics for user behavior tracking
- Intercom for logging and tracking messages related to user signup and login
- Segment, a software which allows for third-party tools integration
Why TAJ Technologies?
The application runs on standard web browsers as well as on mobile devices – both iOS and Android – with web services securely providing the backend integration with databases associated with the user medical record and pharmaceutical data as well as with payment system. The application simplifies medication tracking and advances the use of technology to improve patient healthcare and drive down insurance cost.MyMeds® was awarded top system for medication adherence by the “Journal of Pharmacists Association.” TAJ is proud to be associated with MyMeds in helping improve patient care and drive down the costs.
Engage with Us
Contact us to see how we can provide the right technology and business solutions for your needs.Contact Us